martes, 6 de diciembre de 2016

Caetano and Transa


 Even though it’s difficult to define what’s my favorite band, songwriter or singer, I would
say that ,at least this summer, it would be the Transa album by Caetano Veloso. Some
aspects that I can say about Veloso are his longstanding career in music, with lots of
records, some of them recorded with his sister, Maria Betania.
I listen more to her music in other seasons of the year, like the fall, more specifically her amazing album Drama. You could say that Caetano’s music genre is bossa nova, but with elements of progressive rock, jazz etc.
I like his music specially in this time of the year, summer. It’s not that I like summer, I hate it but I can stand it with help of Caetano’s music. The great thing about Transa is that is listenable both in the beach, with a piña colada in your hand, and under any roof of santiago. “It’s a long way” is one of the most powerful songs in the album, because it builds a great castle of rythms, tempos, intensities, changes from english to portuguese and viceversa etc.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario